Kuala Lumpur or KL is a modern city with a thriving economy. Boasting of multi-national companies and government agencies throughout the city, KL offers plenty of hotels if you’re visiting, whether for business, pleasure, or both. Check out the top five simple tricks to get the best deals from a hotel in KL:
- Stay at Hotels Catering to Business Travellers Business hotels in KL often provide fantastic deals if you take the time to do some research. A hotel in KL that caters to business travellers normally provide everything that you’ll ever need during your stay to make your work or commute to work-related events easier.
- Visit during Off-Peak Seasons Peak seasons in Malaysia are typically during the school holidays, which is during the months of May-June and November-December, as well as during major holiday celebrations like Eid, Chinese New Year, Deepavali, or Christmas. Hotel room prices tend to skyrocket or even twice the usual rate, so try to stay during off-peak seasons.
- Look out for Early Bird Discounts The earlier you book a room at your preferred hotel in KL, the higher the chances are for you to snag an early bird discount. You may also contact the hotel directly to see if you can get a deal for your stay. If you’re a regular patron of the hotel, you’ll have higher chances of getting better deals and other perks.
- Sign up for Loyalty Programmes If you place a booking through a hotel booking website, don’t forget to sign up for the hotel’s loyalty programme. Most hotels in KL would offer loyalty programmes directly on their online booking site, as well as through third-party sites. Find a hotel in KL that provides such benefit.
- Check the Perks Offered by Your Credit Cards There are plenty of credit cards that offer various perks for travellers, including hotel deals, discounts, travel miles, bonus points, and cash back. See whether the hotel of your choice is the partner of your credit card’s reward programmes.
Finding the best hotel in KL during your stay at the city and getting the best deals should be easier with the tips mentioned. Try to do some research and contact the hotel of your choice before you book a room for your stay in KL.