When homeowners furnish their living room with quality living room furniture, they can arrange it in any way that best suits them. The use, size and shape of the room also help to determine how the furniture is placed. Still, a fresh look and better function as well as added comfort can come from creative furniture arranging.
Clever Arrangement Ideas
- The sofa can sit in various spots in most rooms. Trying a different side of the room or in the middle of the floor with the back to the entrance are two tips for sofa placement. Of course when situated under a window, the sofa has natural light during the daytime.
- For compact seating, sectional sofas and love seats are often more practical and more compact than multiple chairs and recliners. Some sectional units provide two or three reclining sections.
- A bookshelf does not have to stand tall only in the corner. A sturdy shelf unit can also serve as a look-through partition for the room or work as a centerpiece in the middle of a large, blank wall.
- A TV stand is useful whether the TV sits on its top, or the television is wall-mounted. Sat against the wall under the TV, the stand is an attractive storage option for media from DVDs to books and magazines.
- End tables are always functional pieces set beside the sofas and over-stuffed chairs. Other placement options are also great for end tables like putting two or more together in front of the sofa for a “coffee table,” setting one or more against the wall for a TV stand, or an indoor a potted plant display table.
Arranging a Flowing Whole
The selection of the furniture is important for a flow and calming ambience. One brand that is excellent for its modern and minimalistic design is Ethnicraft online furniture. Beautiful wood pieces like shelving, tables and chairs are manufactured without adornment and hardware details. The pieces are gorgeous and showcase the beauty of natural wood.
The furniture should be comfortable and relaxing for more than one person. However, even one person should feel comfortable in the space by themselves. Living rooms are intended for relaxation and lounging as well as for gatherings of family and friends. When placing the furniture, the room can still have a flow. As a whole, the room arrangement should be open and welcoming.
More Great Ideas: Make Space in Small Living Rooms With These 6 Tips