Category Archives: Sports
Valentine’s Day is looming. Instead of the usual dinner and movie date most Malaysian lovebirds would do, try something out of the ordinary and join a yoga class as a couple! Doing yoga together could strengthen your relationship and make you grow closer to your partner. Check out the top five yoga poses for couples to try:
- Urdhva Dhanurasana (Wheel Pose / Flying Bow)
With this pose, you’re going to put all of your trust in your partner and believe in his strength. Your partner will lie down on his back with his knees bent, before placing his feet on your lower back, grabs onto your shoulders, and slowly lift you up in the air. Try to relax and enjoy the moment during this pose.
- Anuvittasana (Assisted Backbend)
This is another movement that requires your partner to slightly lift you up off the ground. Standing back-to-back to each other, you and your partner hook elbows before he bends his knees and slowly leans forward as you lean on his back, lifting your feet off the ground. With each pose, the two of you hold your breaths.
- Ustrasana & Halasana (Camel Pose & Plow)
This move requires you to be flexible as you’ll be doing a bit of bending over. You lie on your back on the ground before lifting your legs up, stretching as far as your head goes (try to touch the floor if possible). Your partner sits on his knees facing the opposite direction and leans his back on you.
- Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
One of the easiest couple pose, this move requires you and your partner to sit back-to-back, while keeping your feet together. As your partner slightly leans forward, you lean on his back and hold for five to ten breaths. Repeat the move by taking turns.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Seated Body Twist)
Another easiest yoga pose for couples, the move requires you to be seated back-to-back with your partner, legs crossed and slowly twisting each other’s body in the opposite direction. Inhale and exhale as you and your partner turns to the opposite direction. Synchronize your breaths.
As they say, couples that do yoga together, stay forever. With these intimate yoga poses for couples, you can strengthen your relationship and grow closer to your partner. Today, enroll in yoga class in Malaysia that caters to couples who want to do yoga together. Make it more intimate by asking for private classes!
Valentine’s Day is a timely occasion to show your affection to your special someone. With more and more people getting enthused in the world of cycling, surprising your biking aficionado with cycling stuff on Valentine’s Day will surely be a real treat. There are many things that you can get for your biker beau, and it’s really easy if you visit an online bicycle shop in Malaysia and choose from any of the top picks below:
- High tech goggles Your biker will definitely drool over this techie pair of goggles which has on-board GPS and can be connected using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or ANT+. These new-gen glasses, which can be used by runners and cyclists, are also able to capture photo and video of the bicycle ride. Isn’t that really awesome?
- A durable bike bag Whether your beau would like to bring some extra bike accessories and essentials, or would like to bring along his cellphone, a bike bag provides the best solution to this need. Invest in a quality and tested brand and you’ll never go wrong.
- Cycling Gear Suitcase If your guy is a self-confessed biking enthusiast, then he would definitely have hoarded a lot of biking stuff. His problem now is where to store all of these things, and you can instantly solve this by giving him a nice suitcase where he can store all his bike accessories, whether at home, or while he’s out biking with his friends.
- Multi-tool Bikers who often go on long rides surely need one of these since in most cases, they need tools to repair, replace, or tighten any part of their bicycle. A popular multi-tool has 26 tools in one, which comes really handy when they need tweak the chain, spokes, or pedals.
- Hydration pack Being able to hydrate well during long bike rides is a must. Dehydration makes the muscles lose a part of their strength, and makes you more prone to injury. That’s why this item is also a good investment for your beloved cyclist.
- A bike upgrade Whether your beau has a road bike or a mountain bike, being able to upgrade their cycling gears sounds heaven. Save up and buy him his dream conversion and his Valentine’s Day Celeb will be as memorable as his birthday!
If your beau is a cycling enthusiast, and you’re looking for a gift idea, look no more. Gifting your cyclist beau with any of these biking treats on Valentine’s Day will not only make your celebration a romantic one, but will also make you beloved feel really special on this much awaited day of the year.
Malaysia provides bikers a wonderful and unique experience for exploratory travel and enjoyment. Bikers should be aware of regional differences encountered throughout the country such as weather, geography, wildlife and urban environmental factors.
Weather Impact on Bikers
Malaysia’s northeast region is known for its rain forests. Biking through the region will include high humidity as well as the threat of monsoons during the hotter months of the year. Bikers should customize bikes to traverse through muddy terrain and potentially even landslides, flooded areas and heavily treed areas. Tires on bikes should be sturdy and bikers should have kits for tire repair.
Malaysia’s southwest region is known for existing in the rain shadow of the Sumatran mountain region and is a bit dryer than the northeast region. The southwest is still subject to damp heat and sudden rainfall during monsoon season. When biking through Sabah, travelers should carry additional supplies in the event of an emergency like the rare typhoon.
Bikers should not let these weather cautions prevent them from exploring the beauty of biking through the Malaysian countryside. Biking enthusiasts need only provision their bike kits thoroughly to account for regional climate.
Bikers should also carry water purification tablets for their canteens or buy their water in bottles rather than filling up from taps or rainfall. Malaysia sometimes experiences harsh effects from water and air pollution from urban activities like logging and deforestation.
Travellers who enjoy the urban path can race from Kuala Lumpur to Alor Setar or from Port Klang to the Port of Tanjung Pelepasby along the Strait of Malacca.
Flora and Fauna Awareness for Bikers
Mangroves and dipterocarps equate to nearly ninety percent tree cover in the region but can change based on altitude. Traverls near the foothills and mountainous regions may also see oak, rhododendron and chestnut trees as they travel through the Riparian fringe to limestone or coastal hills. Bikes should be equipped to ascend and descend various elevations in hilly areas. Not all areas have urban development and bikers should be prepared to encounter rougher rocky or muddy terrain when not in populated areas.
Visitors can also potentially see various animals while peddling through the countryside. Wildlife encountered can include but is not limited to:
- Indochinese tigers
- Leopard cats
- Pot bellied pigs
- Malayan tapirs
- and Sumatran rhinoceros
Malaysia is home to some of the most remarkable wildlife due to its diverse climate and geography. Bikers might enjoy travelling through the Taman Negara National Park.
Whether visitors are in an urban or a rural area of the country, bicycle helmets in a Malaysia are a must have item. Head protection from the risk of automobiles, unexpected geographic activity such as mudslides, landslides, mountain avalanches and debris from wind or rain related events while rare do happen to the best of bikers. Don’t forget the helmet when exploring the beauty of Malaysia. See also bicycle rack for cycling trip.