Category Archives: Hotel
Bangkok is a huge retreat for partygoers. Bangkok’s nightlife is dubbed as the best in the world due to the awesome karaoke rooms, party-filled streets after dark, and the never-ending list of bars and nightclubs. But more than the amazing parties, Thailand’s capital city also offers a representation of the country’s culture. Western culture greatly influenced the city, yet Thais are able to preserve some of their traditions in the modern days.
Visiting Bangkok will never be complete without getting to know Thai culture. If you want your kids to be exposed to their culture and traditions, here are 6 practical ways to do so in Bangkok.
- Take them to libraries. Believe it or not, Bangkok is also an escape for book lovers who wish to have a peaceful and quiet place. Other than the National Library, it’s also worth visiting the Neilson Hays Library, The Reading Room, and the Lumpini Public Library to know more about Thailand’s history. Just make sure to check the best hotel in Bangkok for families so it would be more convenient going to these libraries.
- Give them a trip to an interactive museum. Some kids don’t have the penchant for museums. One way to keep their attention is to bring them to an interactive museum such as the Rattanakosin Exhibition Hall along the Ratchadamnoen Klang Road.
- Let your kids experience the tuk-tuk ride. Before there were taxis, MRTs, and buses in Bangkok, there were tuk-tuks. It’s quite similar to those auto rickshaws also found in Thailand’s neighboring countries. Ask the tuk-tuk driver to take you straight to your destination without any stops and agree on the price before your ride.
- Enroll them in short Thai language class. Learning Thai culture and traditions might require learning the language first. There are Thai lessons you can get for free online, but if you’re interested in letting your kids have real interaction, there are schools in Bangkok that offer affordable Thai language classes. You can enroll your child in short classes or longer ones depending on the length of your stay.
- Bike around the city. The best way to observe culture is through interacting with the locals. You could take your kids around the city so they could see themselves how the locals work, do their errands, and follow tradition.
- Give them some art lessons. There are drop-in classes that you can find in many shopping malls. You can take advantage of the art lessons offered so your kids will learn more about how Thais approach art.
Learning about Thai culture can be fun for kids. Just make sure to have the grab the best hotel in Bangkok for families. This way, you won’t have to worry about getting around Bangkok and you and your kids will get the most out of each experience.
Bangkok is just the right place to make brand new memories with your family! Travel is always spelled as FUN when doing new things together. Holidays tend to be as delightful though as the hotel choice that suits your need. Kids may be extraordinarily fussy but the perfect home in the city will always be of high significance for a pleasurable break.
A great selection of hotels is necessary, to begin with. Here are the best five spots to consider when booking your flight for Thailand.
- Shanghai Mansion Located in the heart of the historic Chinatown, this award-winning landmark boosts of the dynamic temperament that blends with the rich heritage of Bangkok. You can have a blissful experience in its spa facility or stay for a week, with the 7th night availed for free!
- Anantara Riverside Resort Nestling along Chao Praya River, Anantara is the best hotel in Bangkok for families who want to maximize their time. Its 11 bars and restaurants, fully-equipped gym and tennis court will give you big reasons not to leave its premises.
- Royal Orchid Sheraton This five-star hotel combines the ancient Thai style with an exceptional complex that is painted with lively colors. Any traveler would love its leisure amenities. Its classic-patterned lobby is a hub to the daily musicians playing the famous Thai instruments and the sacred Buddha image the country is known for. Among its well-loved facilities are the garden or river view, two swimming pools on the first floor and its fitness center.
- Siam Kempinski Hotel A superb showcase designed to wow everyone, it raises the bar of what five-star hotels offer. Artworks and antiques displayed without the environment of a stuffy museum are what you find along its corridors. A relaxing spot is its rotunda, a casual restaurant with tropical trees and greenery surrounding it. Its Kempinkis spa also pampers you with its four-season theme.
- Grande Center Pointe Hotel Its charming Thai-inspired interior brings you to the soul of the city. You can enjoy its authentic international and Thai cuisines along with buffet lunch and its popular a la carte dinner. Jacuzzi, sauna, gym and its soft play room for kids bring an added comfort to your usual stay.
Start off your travel list with the best hotel in Bangkok for families just like yours. You will find every penny worth spending and every moment worth remembering with the perks of getting the excellent option.