Category Archives: Health & Wellness
By definition, a ‘professional course’ is a college level educational program that’s designed to prepare those who take it to assume specific jobs and professions in the future. These are job-specific courses that will guarantee that graduates will get the specific job their course has trained them for once they complete the program. In Malaysia, more and more students are opting for professional courses as opposed to generalized college programs that confuse them with options after graduation. Why exactly should students choose to take professional courses in Malaysia over other educational options? These 6 career-changing advantages should convince you why.
- Clear Cut Career Plan – After graduating from a course that allows multiple career options, which path should you take? Often, this is a major problem for a lot of graduates who don’t anticipate the struggle of choosing from a pool of different job opportunities. With a professional course, students can have a clear cut career plan for themselves, knowing exactly which steps to take after they receive their diploma.
- Complete Skill Set – When you take a professional course, you will be given the complete skill set you need in order to accomplish the duties that your job entails. That’s because these are profession-specific details that you can’t learn anywhere else. This aptly prepares graduates for the professional world, knowing they have all the skills needed to get the job done right.
- Higher Salary – Because of the semi-specialized skills and knowledge that professional course graduates obtain, they are commonly granted higher salaries compared to graduates who have non-specific college training.
- Sure Employment – An occupational therapy graduate, for instance, would have more chances of finding a job as an occupational therapist than a business administration graduate who may or may not fit into certain jobs. Professional course graduates almost always find a job instantly after graduating because they know where to go.
- Shorter Learning Curve – Graduates of general courses often need to learn specific skills and abilities when hired for a job, making them clumsy and requiring lots of training before they can be left alone to work. But because professional course graduates already have profession-specific knowledge, they can adjust faster to the work environment without trouble.
- Simple Career Progression – It’s easier to determine where you want to take your career next if you take up a professional course. That’s because the first stepping stone is often predetermined, narrowing down your career options as you work your way up the ladder.
Professional courses are very beneficial, especially for the career-conscious individual. Remember these 6 advantages when you start to look for the college course for you and make the right decision by choosing a professional course for your future.
Constantly having to deal with workers leaving the force too soon? You might be having a few employee engagement problems. By definition, an engaged employee is a worker who is interested in their job, motivated to accomplish his or her allocated duties or more, and dedicated to the company that he or she serves. No doubt, it can be a serious challenge to keep employees from flaking out and quitting, but there are some things that HR professionals can do to see and resolve problems before they end in employee turn-over. Find out how to stay on top of employee engagement issues by trying these fool-proof strategies.
- Ask Questions – One of the reasons why HR professionals fail to see employee engagement problems until it’s too late is because they don’t ask the right questions when they can. Conducting a routine survey, and an employee engagement score evaluation after, will help determine how satisfied workers are with their current situation, as well what you can do to help make them feel more dedicated to their jobs.
- Keep Track of Progress – Once you’ve understood what’s keeping workers from being fully engaged, you can then come up with new strategies to reduce the problems they experience. But it’s not enough to just try a new tactic. Keeping track of progress or changes will help determine whether the new strategy is working, or if there’s a need for other adjustments.
- Communicate – Communication is one of the cornerstones of employee retention, but it can do much more than just keep workers around. Communication provides new perspectives on problems that employees would probably fail to mention through surveys and interviews. Make it a point to engage workers in casual conversation regularly to get a better idea of what they experience on a daily.
- Beef Up Incentives – If your employees feel like they’re aptly rewarded for their efforts, the thought of quitting might never even enter their heads. To prevent them from even feeling the need to move companies or look for other employers, develop attractive, useful, and valuable incentives and rewards, that will make them want to stay and work hard.
- Practice Servant Leadership – Employees feel much more important if they have a servant leader who proves that he or she cares about the workforce. Aside from being the perfect way to maintain open communication with your employees, this practice also makes it easier for you to put yourself in their shoes for a better understanding of what they go through every day, so you can develop strategies that work.
How well are you preventing employee turn-over? There’s no need to keep losing worthy workers – employee retention relies on you. Try these 5 methods to help prevent employees from abandoning ship and grow a workforce that brings out the best of your business.
Now more than ever, it’s become a major priority for people to look after their health, especially because the threats we encounter every day have become significantly more dangerous. Asian countries are more aggressive when it comes to their efforts in developing more health-conscious products. Organic skin care in Hongkong is particularly advanced and effective, where majority of the available brands boast all-organic formulations. For those who still have a chemical-based products in their makeup kits, it’s high time to make a change. Here are 5 practical reasons why it’s best to switch to all organic beauty products.
- Better for Skin – Using all the wrong products on the face, where the skin is particularly more sensitive, can be a major setback in terms of skin health and clarity. Makeup that doesn’t wash out properly, or that gets absorbed into the pores can cause the development of blemishes, dark spots, and even acne. Using organic makeup products can be a well-deserved change, since they give more vitamins and nutrients, hence better nourishment to the skin for a healthier glow.
- Easier on the Pocket – Formulations that use too many chemicals can be more expensive because of the different processes they require in order to make them usable on skin. But organic products necessitate very little process because they’re healthy and effective to begin with. This means manufacturers can reduce the overhead and bring down the retail cost of their products. There are many organic beauty brands that are more affordable, yet that work better, than their non-organic competitors.
- Gentle and Effective – Makeup and beauty products that are made from natural ingredients are just as effective (or even more-so) than their chemical-based counterparts, making them a formidable competitor in the cosmetics market. What’s more, unlike chemical-based products, organic options are much gentler, bringing about positive change without overdoing it.
- No Side Effects – It’s common to develop side-effects after using chemical-based products, because they’re not always ideal for use on all kinds of skin. There are countless stories of people who developed severe cases of acne because of using the wrong products on their face. Using organic beauty products reduces the chances for side-effects. They may cause negative effects in some cases, but this is usually on people who have certain allergies.
- Eco Friendly – Processing chemical products does a lot of harm to the environment, especially when they include petroleum in their formulation, since it releases a host of other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Organic products are much less damaging to the environment because the by-products they create naturally occur in the ecosystem.
It’s time to stop using harmful products that don’t do skin any good. Make the switch to organic products, and optimize health for a vibrant and beautiful glow all over.
Hair loss is something that no man or woman wants to deal with, but the reality is, as we get older and age through life, a large portion of us end up losing our hair, or at least have to deal with a receding hair line or the thinning of the hair. While a lot of people think that it is only men that have to deal with this type of problem, there is a decent percentage of women that have to go through the same thing, which can actually be quite a larger problem.
The reason why it may be worse for women to go through the ordeal of losing their hair is the fact that it is for the most part expected that men will lose their hair at some point in their lives, so it is totally acceptable for a man to be losing his hair. In other words, no one will think twice if they see a man that is balding, although this is quite different when it comes to a woman. Women are not expected to lose their hair, so this can cause a huge amount of anxiety and stress to a person. If you are in this boat, luckily, there are a bunch of different options that you have in order to get your hair back. In fact, there are new procedures that are popping up all the time that are a lot more promising than hair replacement procedures of the past.
Hair Transplants and Other Options
One option that you might want to consider going with is a hair implant procedure. This basically involves taking hair from other parts of the body at the root of the hair and literally transferring the hairs onto a person’s head. You might be surprised at how effective these types of procedures are, so this is definitely a route to consider. There are a handful of other methods that can be utilized, as well as making lifestyle changes, such as using particular shampoos, and generally approaching life in a manner that protects the hair. This can be easier said than done, so if you are worrying about losing your hair and want to do everything you can to protect it, the best thing you can possibly do is sit down with your doctor and discuss your options. They will be able to analyse your hair and give you a breakdown of the different options that you have to take advantage of. They might lay out some suggestions for you, send you to an aesthetic clinic to get some additional information and guidance from a specialist, or a variety of other solutions to your problem. The bottom line is, if you are losing your hair, it can be a very difficult time to go through, but there is a lot of help out there and options that you can go with to rectify the situation, so don’t hesitate to give your doctor a call and set up a time to come in to discuss and weigh your options.
As you age, dead skin cells don’t come off as quickly as they did when you were younger, and this makes the skin appear dull. Deep, light, and medium chemical peels, also known as chemexfoliation, are well known non-surgical cosmetic techniques used to peel away the skin’s topmost layer to improve wrinkled, unevenly pigmented, and sun-damaged skin. It gives your skin an even texture and colour, giving you a youthful look and restoring a healthy, radiant and luminous appearance.
When to Consider Chemical Peels
You can consider a chemical peel treatment if you have:
• Wrinkled or sun-damaged skin
• Brown spots, blotchiness, and discolorations
• Scars that make your skin surface uneven
• Precancerous skin growths
Candidates for Chemical Peels
Before considering a chemexfoliation treatment, you need to find out from your doctor if you are a suitable candidate. However, the best candidate for this treatment should have light hair and fair skin. But, patients with other hair colours and skin pigmentation can have good results as well. You are an excellent recipient if you are unhappy with the appearance of your skin, don’t smoke, and have reasonable expectations for the procedure. If you are in good health, understand the process, and have realistic expectations towards the outcomes, you can undergo a chemexfoliation treatment.
You can be happy with the results of the treatment if your aim is to smooth wrinkles, alleviate acne, reduce the effects of sun damage, eliminate age spots, or improve the texture of your skin.
There are different kinds of chemexfoliation treatments with varying strengths, and they offer different treatment levels. To find out which one is right for you, ask your doctor.
Preparation for Chemexfoliation
The kind of readiness needed for a chemexfoliation treatment will depend on the type of chemical peel you are to receive. But generally, your doctor will recommend Retin-A, a Vitamin A derivative used to pre-treat the skin. It makes the surface of your skin regular, allowing phenol or TCA (trichloroacetic acid) solution to penetrate deeper and more evenly. If your skin doesn’t tolerate Retin-A, you may use an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) cream instead.
Sometimes, hydroquinone (a bleaching agent) is used in combination with an AHA or Retin-A pre-treatment, especially if you have pigmentation problems or blotching skin. This treatment may last a month or more before the doctor schedules the actual treatment.
If you are receiving a deeper TCA or phenol peel, plan for someone to drive you home and help you for a couple of days after the treatment.
A typical chemexfoliation treatment is performed on an outpatient basis, and your doctor will administer local anesthesia. A TCA and full face AHA often lasts about 30 minutes. A full-face phenol peel lasts between one and two hours. But, phenol peels of smaller portions of the face such as the upper lip last about 15 minutes.
Your doctor thoroughly cleanses your face to remove excess oils and covers your hair and eyes to protect them. One or several chemical solutions such as the carbolic acid (phenol), lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, or glycolic acid are used for the chemexfoliation treatment, and this will depend on the particular needs of your skin.
During the treatment, the doctor applies the chemical solutions to specific areas on your skin. These applications cause a controlled wound, allowing new, regenerated skin to replace the peeling skin. During the treatment, you may notice a warm or hot sensation that may last up to 10 minutes, and this may be followed by a stinging sensation. You can eliminate this feeling by applying a cold compress. When undergoing a deeper peel treatment, you may have to take pain medication during or after the treatment.
Chemexfoliation is a painless way to improve the texture of your skin and give you a younger look and smooth skin. This treatment has minimal risks. To find out if you are a suitable recipient, consult with your doctor.
Your lips play a key role in your facial appearance. Lips that look full and luscious can actually help you look more youthful. However, as you get older, you may notice more and more wrinkles developing around your lips. Learn what causes these wrinkles and why it is crucial that you protect your lips with balms that offer UV protection.
Causes Of Wrinkles
The skin on your lips is very thin and delicate. Whenever you talk, laugh, eat or drink, your lips repeatedly stretch and pucker. Over the years, this constant movement causes creases and lines to form on and around your lips.
Also, as you age, your lips will naturally lose some collagen and elastin. Collagen is the protein in your skin that gives it structure and strength. Elastin is a protein that helps your skin return to its original shape when it is stretched. When your skin has less of these proteins, wrinkles will set in.
Loss of moisture in your lips can cause them to wrinkle. Your skin cells are mainly composed of water. Because your lips are exposed to harsh environmental conditions daily, they can become dehydrated. The skin on your lips do not have oil glands that serve as a natural moisturiser. When the skin on your lips are dry and flaky, the wrinkles look more prominent and deep.
Some of your daily habits can contribute to the dry skin on your lips. Smoking dehydrates your skin. Licking your lips frequently will also dry them out because saliva is an irritant.
How To Reduce Those Wrinkles
Now that you know what contributes to the wrinkles on your lips, what can you do about them? No one is suggesting that you should stop moving your lips when you talk or eat. However, you can do many things to protect your lips from drying out and to reduce the appearance of these wrinkles.
To get those gorgeous-looking lips, you must develop a daily routine of applying a high-quality lip balm that provides UV protection. The balm seals in moisture and protects your lips from cold temperatures and dry air. When your lips are moisturised properly, the wrinkles will soften and look less pronounced.
The protection from UV radiation is essential because constant exposure to the sun will exacerbate your lips’ dryness to the point of peeling. You may already be applying a sunscreen on your face every day. It is equally important not to forget to apply the same type of protection on your lips. The lip balm should be made from gentle ingredients that will not irritate your lips’ delicate skin. Be sure to reapply throughout the day.
In addition to applying a lip balm every day, consider these other things that you should do:
– Hydrate your skin from within. You should drink at least eight glasses of water daily in order to keep your skin fully hydrated.
– Stop smoking. Smoking can rob your skin of moisture and make those lip wrinkles look deeper.
– Exfoliate your lips before you moisturise them. Dry and flaky skin make your lips look rough and wrinkly. Explore methods in gently exfoliating your lips to make them look smoother.
You do not have to live with deep wrinkles around your lips. Just follow a few simple steps and take care of your lips properly. When your lips look healthy and luscious, they will make your smile look more beautiful.