Category Archives: Beauty
Constantly traveling can take its toll on your skin if you don’t follow protective measures. Exposure to both artificial and natural elements like the wind, dust, pollution, and heat can easily damage your skin. This is especially true in countries like Malaysia where the tropical heat and humidity can put a lot of pressure on your skin’s sensitive pores. To ensure that your skin is always protected even when you’re on the road, see to it that you have the following skin care items in your bag.
- Moisturizer – If your skin dries too easily, you should regularly apply a moisturizer. Basically, what a moisturizer does is hold minute amounts of water in the layers of your skin, thus preventing your skin from either drying or flaking. If the water being produced by your body is not enough to keep your skin dewy, the moisturizer attracts moisture from the air then traps it in your skin. That’s why you should always put on a moisturizer every time you venture out in places where you are exposed to skin-drying elements like direct sunlight and strong winds.
- Toner – A good toner is essential in prepping your skin before applying other skin care products. Needless to say, this is a lot more difficult to do if your skin is notorious for producing excess oil. That is why, you need an effective toner for dealing with the pesky oil. There’s no consensus as to what’s the best toner for oily skin out there because different skins have different reactions to toners. Your best bet is to find the ones that get the most positive feedback from users.
- Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes are very fragile, which is the main reason why they are more prone to drying and to the formation of wrinkles and ugly lines. If they are exposed and unprotected, you might even develop puffiness and dark circles. These problems can be prevented by regularly applying an eye cream.
- Cleanser – This is one of the most common beauty products used by women, because it has the ability to get rid of almost all types of dirt and grime. It’s effective against sweat, dust, excess sebum, bacteria, dead skin cells, cosmetics, and other forms of pollutants. Cleansers are also much gentler to the skin compared to soaps.
- Exfoliating Scrub – Exfoliators have one main function, and that is to remove the dead and dry cells that have accumulated on the surface of your skin. They are much stronger than cleansers so you should use them moderately. Using the scrub two or three time a week should be enough.
- Sunscreen – Always keep in mind that Malaysia is a tropical country so the heat can sometimes become harsh and damaging to the skin. You can and should protect your skin by putting on sunscreen before you venture out under the open sun.
These beauty and skin care products come in tiny packages so you can easily pack them all in a small handbag. They are also not that hard to find since you can purchase them in most wellness and beauty stores, either offline or online. So, if you’re a frequent traveler, whether for business or for leisure, make sure you have these essential products handy, to help keep your skin healthy and protected from unnecessary damage.