Fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs to function. However, eating them in their original form can be intimidating, especially if you are not fond of their taste. For instance, eating an avocado, which happens to be one of the most nutrient-rich fruits out there, can be hard if you don’t like its taste. That said, you need to turn it into something else which you can easily consume. This is where a juice machine enters the picture. A juicer allows you to create various drinks and smoothies from a combination of fruits and vegetables.
Still undecided if you should get a juicer? The following benefits of the drinks and smoothies you can make with the juicer should be more than enough to help you decide:
- It’s great for body detoxification Juicing helps your body get rid of the harmful toxins that have accumulated inside your system because of unhealthy eating habits. Some fitness experts often refer to this method as juice fasting. Basically, what you need to do is cut down your intake of your normal diet and replace it with raw and natural juices. In this manner, your body flushes out the toxins while you consume healthy amounts of nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
- It stimulates better nutrient absorption When you turn fruits and vegetables into juice, you are basically removing the pulp while squeezing out the juices. The pulp is the part of the fruit or vegetable that your body finds tough to digest. If these are left behind, there’s less work for your digestive system. It’s much easier for your intestines to absorb the vitamins in liquid form. Your body bypasses the digestion of fiber; thus absorbing nutrients become more efficient.
- It helps in lowering your blood sugar level Millions of people from around the world currently suffer from diabetes because of their excessive consumption of sugary products. You can significantly reduce the risk of acquiring the disease by switching to natural juices from raw fruits and vegetables. Yes, these natural juices still contain sugar but in moderate and healthy amounts.
- It saves you a lot of money If you regularly purchase processed drinks like soda, packed juice, and energy drinks, then you know how expensive these items can be. Not only are these processed drinks expensive, but they are also often unhealthy. For instance, packed juices often contain huge amounts of sugar. Switching to juice that you make yourself is much healthier and safer. You also get to save huge amounts of cash every month.
- It helps you get better skin There’s a reason people who consume larger amounts of fruits and vegetables usually have healthier and brighter skin. This is because fruits and vegetables play a critical role in keeping the skin healthy. A lot of the nutrients that the skin needs come from fruits and vegetables. These nutrients also serve as moisturizers thus preventing the formation of acnes and blemishes on your skin.
- It enables you to consume a wider range of fruits and vegetables As we mentioned earlier, a juicer encourages you to experiment even with fruits and vegetables that you don’t like. You can combine them as main ingredients to come up with a taste and flavor that you like. In a way, a juicer allows you to widen your taste for more fruits and vegetables.
In a nutshell, getting a juice machine is an investment that will significantly improve your health. For best results, you should get a model that has a capacity of at least three glasses. You can prepare the juice in the morning, drink the first glass, then store the remaining two glasses for lunch and dinner. Three glasses of natural drinks or smoothies a day are more than enough to provide you with the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that your body needs.